Google Maps is a versatile user-friendly mapping and navigation application that lets users easily explore new places, find local places of interest and plan their travels efficiently. Although it is mostly utilized for real-time browsing using an Internet connection but it also comes with an extremely useful option: offline capabilities. This feature is particularly helpful in cases where you’re having restricted or no access to the internet.
In this detailed guide, we’ll show you the steps to utilize Google Maps offline on your Android or iOS device and allowing you to use directions and maps regardless of your internet connection.
Step 1: Download offline maps
The first step is to download the maps that you would like to download offline. This is how:
1. Launch your Google Maps app on your Android or iOS device.
2. Be sure to sign into Google. Sign in to your Google account. This ensures that your downloaded maps are connected to your account and are able to be managed easily.
3. Choose the city, region, or region you wish to download offline for offline use. Zoom in and out of the map to pick a specific location. Google Maps provides an intuitive interface that helps you pinpoint the location you want to be in.
4. When you have found the location you’re looking for, tap the Name or the address near the lower right of the screen to reveal its information.
5. Look for an option that says “Download” or “Download Offline Map” option, then tap on it. Google Maps will begin downloading map data for that region.
Step 2: Personalize your offline map
Google Maps lets you customize your offline maps to fit your requirements. Here’s how to accomplish it:
1. After you have selected the region that you want to download Google Maps will display the region you have selected and its dimensions. You are able to further make your selection more precise by zooming in or out, and drag the map.
2. Consider your device’s storage space. Bigger cards will require greater storage space. Therefore, ensure that you have enough storage for offline maps you’d like to download. If your device lacks sufficient storage space, you have the option to buy second hand mobiles with upgraded specifications via Minto. Minto assists you in selling or purchasing second-hand mobile phones at your preferred prices.
Step 3: Download offline map
After you’ve made your choices After that, you can get the offline maps. Take these steps:
1. Click on the “Download” button and the downloading process will start. Based on the size the card as well as the bandwidth of your Internet connection the process could take a while.
2. If you’d like to name your offline map particular name. This is useful in the case of multiple offline maps that cover different regions. After you confirm the download, you’re done.
3. The map will start download to the device. you will receive a message after the process has been completed.
Step 4: Use offline maps
After you’ve completed downloading your offline map, we’ll look at how you can get the maps:
1. Start Google Maps. Open Google Maps app on your Android or iOS device.
2. Click on your profile picture on the right-hand side of the screen. This will open Maps Settings and Options.
3. Choose “Offline Maps” from the menu. There you will be able to view the offline maps you downloaded.
Step 5: Utilize offline maps
You’ve taken offline your map and you can now make use of it. Here’s how:
1. Under the Offline Maps section, you’ll find the list of maps you downloaded. Select the map you wish to use.
2. You can now explore the map, receive directions, and look up locations that do not have having an Internet connection. This is a huge benefit if you’re in an area with no coverage from networks. But, be aware the fact that information about live traffic and live navigation aren’t accessible when the device’s internet is off.
Step 6: Make sure you update and maintain offline maps
Offline maps are limited in time span and it’s important to update them regularly to ensure that you have the most recent information. To manage and update offline maps:
1. The offline maps are cancelled after some days. To ensure that your maps are up-to-date, go through offline maps in the Offline Maps section within the Google Maps application.
2. Choose the map you wish to update, then click on the update button. Google Maps downloads the latest information for the area so you’re always getting the most current information.
3. Multiple offline maps could be accumulated over time. To clear storage space, manage the downloaded maps by eliminating the ones you don’t need anymore. This is especially useful in the case of devices with limited storage capacity.
In the end, Google Maps offers an important feature that lets users to explore and navigate even when they don’t have internet access. If you follow the steps in this tutorial to download, edit the offline map on either the Android as well as iOS device which allows you to get directions and maps in many different situations including remote areas regions where coverage is limited. When you travel often or you find yourself in a place with limited connectivity, Google Maps’ offline feature will make sure you don’t become lost.